Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Far too Long since I've blogged

It has been almost 6 months since my last blog post. 
I should really remember to write stuff here, but life has a habit of getting in the way. 
So this will just be a random, quick fill in the blanks of the last few months.  

So, lets see, what's all been happening since my last blog update.
WARNING: This will be very photo heavy.

January
- I finished a chair for the living room. It's still holding up well, 
which means I must have done a good job on the upholstery
- I sewed a denim cover, and some little pillows for my bench in the dining room.
  - painted an ugly gold/burgundy photo frame into turquoise and black
It will hang in the living room, some day - once I have a family photo to put in it.


That's about it for January. 

February
- let's see... snow, snow and more snow
  - I purged my closet... I know - really exciting stuff.  What else can you do
when there's 5 feet of snow on the ground.
 - that's about it for February

March
- brought more snow

 
 - we also headed to Saskatchewan for Spring Break. Spent some time with really good friends.

- then we headed to my parents for the rest of the week.
- I got to help my Dad pull a calf, and while this may sound 
gross or weird, it was good to help him. I've missed 
working with the cattle. Unfortunately, the calf was dead.
 
 
 - got to take in many spectacular sunsets
  - and snagged some pretty decent shots of the local 
wildlife.


  - time was also spent enjoying the cousins
 
April
- not much happened in April - other than the snow finally started melting
- we took advantage of the nice warm weather, with ice cream on the back step
 
 May
- Finally some sun!
  - a new bike for Cody
 - replacing the roof over Crispin's room. No more rain inside!!
  - Spring has finally arrived. Sure felt like a long winter
- Nanking Cherry blossoms.
  - flowers for the back door


June
- a new thrift store find
- Before
 - drawers before
 - a new look
 - a weekend road trip with a good friend and all the kids
- went to my parents, so I could help Dad with their Branding.
 - Cowgirl Kiara (look at those blue eyes!)
 - rounding up the cattle
 - cowboys (and a view of the hills)
 - helping. (that's me in the plaid jacket in the back)
 - another beautiful Saskatchewan sky shot.


And that brings us up to July.... 

Sure hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into the past few months.

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh...I enjoyed looking through all the pics! I love what you did with the frame! ;)

    ReplyDelete