Today I was able to work on the table some more. My Father-in-law stopped by the other day to pick up my oldest for a motorcycle ride, and I was so glad he did, because I needed help. In a big way... I had started to predrill the holes for my dowels, and of the 9 I predrilled, I messed up 5. Not a good ratio. So my Father-in-law very willingly helped.
So let's play catch up from the last entry. Table legs and framework had been painted.
Here I am getting the framework lined up between the legs, and measuring where the holes would go.
Yeah, I didn't take any pictures of the messed up holes... or my Father-in-law helping. By the time I thought of taking some, he had left for home. Got the dowels in, and glued. Used a tarp strap to hold it in place while the glue dried.
Added my braces, 3 of the 4 were nice. The 4th, I messed up. It got cut a little smaller than the rest, so I tried to cut a little groove into it with my miter saw, so it would fit around the corner of the leg... well, it shifted and got snagged, and I'm really hoping that I didn't wreck my saw. Will have to get my Father-in-law over again to see.
It's up! And level! And solid! No wobbles. :) Was a little concerned, I'd flipped it over and have one leg inches shorter than the others.
I've been wanting to use this on a project for a long time. I purchased it years ago for a craft and it's just been sitting and waiting ever since.
Well, here it is. I'm still a little hesitant over the colour. I'm hoping that with the colour of the wood for the top, the cream will mellow a bit. It's feeling sort of yellow at the moment.
Hopefully, it will be better in the brighter sun of daytime, then in the dark living room.
Tomorrow, I will be starting with the wooden top. Plus some house cleaning, and bread making....